Save 50 reams
of US Letter sized paper with just one Boogie Board 8.5 Tablet
Every time you push the button on the Boogie Board LCD eWriter, you say 'goodbye' to paper and 'hello' to a greener world. Just look for the Push Green symbol on Boogie Board eWriters products.
How does the Boogie Board tablet save trees?
Boogie Board Paperless LCD Writing Tablets are an environmentally-friendly, cost-effective paper replacement. With each button push of the Boogie Board tablet, a piece of paper is saved. More paper saved means less trees need to be cut down. Together we can reduce our global consumption of paper and the demand for it.
How does this translate into actual cost savings?
There are paper savings with individual use, but schools and large organizations can especially see the cost benefits. For example:
One age group of students K-12 using Boogie Board Tablet
= 10 trillion sheets saved
- One Boogie Board tablet could potentially be used by one student from kindergarten thru high school (At 20 erasures/day, and with a maximum of 50K total erase cycles, the usable life = 13+ years)
- One age group equals approximately 4 million students (Source: 2006 U.S. Census)
- Paper savings based on annual consumption of four 5"x8" notepads per student. 50 sheets/pad.
Total Sheets Saved Calculation:
- 4 pads/year x 4 million students = 16 million pads/year
- 16 million pads/year x 13 years = 208,000,000 total pads
- 208 million pads x 50 sheets/pad = 10 trillion sheets
Paper Cost Calculation (one student, 13 years, USD):
- Cost per "Sheet" (Boogie Board Paperless LCD Writing Tablet): $40 (suggested retail) / 50,000 erasures = $0.0008
- Cost per Sheet (paper): $31 (52 pads x $0.58 each) / 2600 sheets (52 pads x $50 sheets each) = $0.012 (15x more than the Boogie Board tablet cost)